Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Ending Summer Term.

I have officially finished my summer nursing class! Yahoo!

This summer was my first Med/Surg class. I really loved it. I felt like a learned a lot and I finally felt like I was learning how to be a nurse and not just a nursing assistant. I passed a lot of medication, worked with trach tubes, helped with wound care, and gave quite a few injections.
My instructor pushed me with everything during clinicals. She would never answer my questions (which was very frustrating at first...) but told me to go find the answer for myself. She really wanted me to discover things for myself. I really finished this class with a lot more knowledge than I came in with.

I was nervous about this class. This class was no longer about the basics of nursing.. but added onto the knowledge I already had from working in the healthcare field. Thankfully, this instructor recorded her lectures so we could listen at home. I listened to each lecture twice before each test.

Despite being nervous about this class, I came out with an A! I am beginning to surprise myself. I have never been much of a studier (although I am learning to do so along my journey). I am lucky enough to have a husband who keeps me motivated to finish my homework. (Mostly because I feel lazy when I see him studying while I am watching food channel... haha!) So far, I am really loving my nursing classes and I feel like I have made the right career choice... even though I haven't completely broken my procrastination habits. I know that these classes will continue to challenge me and I am ready for whatever may come next.

Up Next is my Mother Baby class... now that should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment