Monday, December 23, 2013

Start of the Journey

Hello!

Lately I feel like my life has been crazy. A few months ago I moved across the country--from Portland, OR to Virginia Beach, I got married to a wonderful man, and the most recent blessing--Acceptance into Nursing School! I feel like my life has kicked into overdrive--and I am anxious to see what challenges are ahead of me.

With all all of my struggles through the end of my high school and my start of college career I had no hope that I would get into nursing school on my first time applying. The information session about the program gave me little hope that I would be accepted. My overall GPA is not terrific,  but the last few terms I have worked hard to keep my science grades up. Even though I had low hopes of what would happen with my application-- I applied anyways. The worst that could happen was they would not accept me into their program. I kept making back up plans. I looked into many different programs to make sure I would get into a program somewhere--anywhere. My husband constantly told me not to second guess myself. "Just wait until you hear from them. There are exceptions to rules all the time." Of course, I blew off his words of encouragement and continued to sulk.

I guess I should have believed him (he is almost always right...). I opened my acceptance letter to Tidewater Community College on November 18, 2013.  Now I have to hear 'I told you so' at least once a week. But who cares? I am officially accepted into nursing school! It is all worth it!

My cohort begins January 13, 2013!! YEEEE! I am full of lots of emotions--anxious, nervous, excited. I am ready to start school and FINALLY become a nurse. I seem crazy that everything finally seems to be falling into place. I have been researching what I should expect and looking over my books. I am trying to prepare myself for what I should expect. Also, I think I am just excited to start my classes. Reading over some of the material makes me so excited.

I have been praying a lot lately. Praying that god will help get me through school these next few years. My college record hasn't been the best--and I know that I need to work my butt off to succeed in this program. I have to jump through all the hoops and obstacles they throw at me. The good news is I have an amazing husband who is willing to help motivate and support me through the next few years.

I have heard many people say that keeping a journal can be an outlet. I feel that once I start school I will need something to keep me in perspective. Plus, I can share all my gross nursing stories on here and not freak my husband out every night! (: I thought I would keep everyone updated on my journey through school--and give me a little break from studying (once it starts).


My husband is the best. <3

1 comment: