Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow Day at the beach!

The adventure of this week-- Snow day!

We have gotten at least 4 inches of snow here--eeep!

Class was let out early on Tuesday due to "a threat of a winter storm." I didn't really get it... it was still sunny and 65 degrees when I left school at 2:00. I didn't understand why everyone was so worried. One of my classmates even said her son's school was being released early. What was the fuss about? People were freaking out, so I gather that it doesn't snow here very often... so it was kind of a big deal. People were acting like we were gonna be hit by a giant blizzard--the grocery store was packed and had a line at least 10 people long... oy.

It didn't actually start snowing until about 7 o'clock. So I think that people could have gone to class... But hey, more time for me to study! It was announced around 11:00pm that school was cancelled for the next day. Great. A 6 hour lecture (which has information for our exam on Monday) was cancelled.

I woke up this morning with snow and ice still on the ground--and a delay at school until noon. Oh, great. More class time and lecture material missed. I used to love snow days. Now, they just make me anxious and scared. It is crazy to me how missing a day and a half of class can put our class so far behind on the lesson plans.. Now I am stuck trying to gain a full understanding of topic solely from reading the book. I have no idea what parts of the book to focus on or what the test is going to ask about each section. So I am trying to read for understanding and memorize the vocab. ugh!
One more hoop to jump through! The world of nursing school is already kicking my butt. Hello reality!

 Although, I did enjoy watching my husband run around the yard like a little kid, I am hoping that the snow gods wait to bless us with anymore snow--at least until the first few exams are over.


Here are some Snaps of the "winter storm" (:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment