Monday, January 20, 2014

Frustrated.

This is a vent of this weeks nursing school hurdles...

The most important book of this course, Fundamentals of Nursing, comes with an online learning tool called my nursing lab. This is a requirment for the course. Of course, to save money on the originally 300+ dollar book-- I ordered my book and access code from amazon. Just my luck, when I go to register for the course-- it says my access code is not valid... Awesome. I called the customer service line for the online learning tool and they said I had to contact the seller from amazon and that they could do nothing about the code being invalid... Even better. So I am currently waiting to hear back from amazon as to when they can send mean new and hopefully valid code.

Second frustration of the week...
This course has a lot of lab time to get hands on practice with our skills. At the begining of the course the instructors told us that we needed to purchase a lab kit which they had us pre-order back in December.  A few of my class members have already gotten their kits  from the bookstore, but the few times I have gone they have told me that they are out of stock and said 'despite what your instructors might have told you, you do not need your lab kit the first two weeks of class.' Which is exactly the opposite of what the professors said. Despite what they might think I highly doubt someone working at a bookstore qualifies to teach nursing school, nor can they decide when I am required to have all my class materials. Lets hope they call me soon so my head doesn't explode!

Cheers to jumping through all of the hoops nursing school throws at me! I am sure they will become much much worse in weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment