Thursday, January 16, 2014

Week 1

Well, I have successfully survived the first week of nursing school! And now a 4 day weekend to study for Exam #1.

All the anxiety and excitement I have had over the past few months is finally at an end...for now.
This week has been fairly easy. Everyone in my class is excited to be there--and we are already getting to know each other and form study groups! Not many of the other students have experience in the medical field. I am glad that I have that advantage. I already know a lot of the material--but I am trying not to be over confident. Being a nursing assistant will obviously help my with my first few classes. Phew! We are learning how to take vital signs, documentation, and proper communication techniques--most of which is common sense (in my opinion). There is a lot of reading so far, which I know will only get worse. I just need to train myself to TURN MY PHONE OFF and focus on the material I need to get through. It is all a learning curve!

Not much excitement happening for me this week. I am just gonna focus on my reading and perfect the skills that I already know. There is always room for improvement, right?

Until next week... I'm off to read!



No comments:

Post a Comment